Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Angling's shameful side

This place is one of the few waters where anyone's ever actually caught Weil's disease in the locale where I fish. I wonder why.

I can't understand why so many people who love spending time in the great outdoors leave their litter everywhere behind them. If you take it out with you, it's surely not that hard to take it home afterwards. Yet as the leaves die back, you can feast your eyes on the aftermath of many a marathon session.

Beer cans slung in the bushes. Half-eaten meals, sometimes still on plates. Takeaway containers, a colourful selection of discarded under-clothing (male and female...), bottles and tins of all shapes and sizes.

After more seasons than I care to remember, punctuated by the odd decent haul or twenty, I'm close to saying adios to the place - much as it breaks my heart to say so.  If that's your bag of crap left hanging on a tree, you shame us all.

1 comment:

  1. litter louts .........................the words I want to use will get me banned, but the word cahounts isn't far off

    ReplyDelete