Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Enigmatic - but worth a go all the same..?

Enigmatic. Now there's a word. It sums up a water that might have some pike in it, but no-one's really sure. A water that's well off-piste, that no-one seems to know anything about.

When I mentioned it in passing to a mate or two, the response was sceptical. "Yeah, right four-eyes," one scoffed. "Been on the giggle juice..?"

But when I wandered the banks on a late spring evening, I had a feeling the Enigma might just be worth a try. I'd had an idea when it came to tackling it as well.

Somewhere tailor-made for trying out a new approach. I've kept meaning to give this little scam a go, without giving the game away, but never quite got round to it.

If the hunch proves right, it might be worth a more concerted effort both here and on a few other waters. If it doesn't pan out, it's not the end of the world. I just fancy the idea of fishing somewhere off the radar - to see what it throws up.




No comments:

Post a Comment