Here's what the boys and girls in blue are saying about their haul, which included a loaded semi-automatic Beretta and rifles with telescopic sights:
Police searching a river in West Norfolk have found a haul of weapons.
Officers from Norfolk Constabulary were given information that suggested a shot-gun had been thrown into the Middle Level Drain in the St John’s Fen End area of Marshland at some point in the past.
Lincolnshire Diving Squad were called in for an operation on Tuesday, January 10 and found four firearms and a sword close to Rungays Bridge, Black Drove.
The weapons are now being investigated and checked to see if they can be linked to any historic crimes.
The weapons and ammunition are:
- A loaded Beretta semi-automatic 12 bore shotgun
- A 12 bore double barrelled over-under shotgun
- A loaded .22 rim-fire rifle with telescopic sight and silencer
- A loaded .22-250, very high velocity hunting rifle with telescopic sight and silencer
- A reproduction short sword (similar to those used by Viking/Saxon battle re-enactors).
- Over 300 12 bore shotgun cartridges.