Tuesday, December 06, 2011

I'm a fire starter

This is such a useful gadget, because however damp, wet or cold it gets, it always lights your stove.

You can dip it in the water, in fact. Dry it off and bosh - it works again. How many lighters do that..?

It's called a fire steel. It's just a magnesium bar that you strike with a bit of steel to produce a spark. The sparks are quite hot, so they'll light a petrol or gas stove nil problemo.

I got this in a camping shop for around a fiver. The carabiner clip wotsit attaches to the stove, so I don't lose it. Well it did, until I lost it and had to buy another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment