Monday, August 13, 2012

Pike fishing's not for everyone

But if you're wild at heart, then I guess it's a good thing to do... So goes the quote from the old boy at the end of this mental trailer for A Backyard in Nowhere. I haven't got round to seeing the film yet, but I'm struck by some of the amazing filming, that really does make the fishing look like something incredibly wild and exciting.


Compare and contrast to sitting in the Fens with your mate. Your turn to make the tea 'Erbert..? Why I believe that might well be 'Orrie. Oh, hang on - I believe that float just went. Kin' you put the Charlie on while I have a quick primeval tussle with a fish with an attacking speed like a bullet..? Cor blast, I missed it. Best make the tea, shoot another moose and git nekkid' fer another quick swim then.

1 comment:

  1. It's one of the better fishing films out there. Can't recommend it highly enough

    ReplyDelete